Tuesday 19 November 2013

An Earnest Longing for God

Psalm 42 vs 1
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.


Oh, Lord it is my Earnest desire that i know more of you and less of myself
That my will be lost in yours
Whatever you say, I obeying
Wherever you lead, that I follow
Leaving my Gold in Dust
And seeking you the Ultimate Gold
Panting after you as the deer pants for water
Its eyes closed from every distraction
Yet its focus on the spring for water
I longed to abide at your side
With you as my guide
That if you move, i move 
And if not, I stay still
Being at rest and assured in your finished works.

If seeking God was a thing we could do in one day, we all will most likely have gone for the  course and even asked for certification.
Yet, we put in for achievements that wouldn't last for eternity, pouring in a lot of effort. If only we could seek the lord with this effort. Recently, i have received a message on treating the word of God the way some of us treat our Android phones this days and i do reason along. Many of us cant forget our phone anywhere, we would go back for it and it will be on our mind for so long. Many cant even forget their first phone, its model and how if functioned yet our first love (Christ) we have forgotten. Our love for him has wax cold. The days when the word of God were meditated upon are fast fading away yet we have been called into a life of meditation on God's word that we may be prosperous in all we do.
Joshua 1 vs 8
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
                                                    SHALOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment